Thursday, June 15, 2023

Back in the day....

   Back in the day we used to say as we took leave of someone "see you in the funny papers." We don't hear that much anymore do we? Reading the 'funnies' is a standard part of my day and frequently I find myself in them. Most often I see myself in Earl who's in Pickles. (Even calling them funny papers dates me becasue only geezers call them that, now they are 'comics.')  Well, back to where I appear. 

   When we bought the condo downtown the previous owner asked if I wanted their desk. Keeping the desk was a decision I later regretted. It's size was reminiscent of an aircraft carrier. Given its size I never had the ambition to remove it but it was much too large for my cave. In the downsizing to move to the OFH it found a new home. That meant looking for a new desk. 

    A new desk was found, for $45. I became the proud owner of a rolltop. Then this strip appeared in the 'funnies' ala  CRANKSHAFT  today. 😀


Takk for alt,

Al





No comments: