Thursday, June 1, 2023

Same song, second verse...

       It's long tractor drive to the field, 6+ miles. About a half mile short of the field a tire, yes same one, went flat on the tractor. Yes, the big rear tire. Not up for a six mile hike to town the call went to the first on my rescue list; my brother. Home phone...answering machine! Cell phone...answering machine! Oopps. Now what? The next call was to the bank, same bank,  but different banker came to my rescue. These banker rescues reinforce my decision to move my bank accounts to this bank

     The next call was to the tire repair shop in Madison. Questions: name? xx xxxxxxx, tire size? 16.9X34, tractor make? 706 International, fluid in the tire? no, where is it?  Highway 81 to the Sinai corner, 1 mile east, 2.5 north, .33 west on a field road, phone #?xxx-xxx-xxxx. My turn to ask, when? "maybe this week."

Takk for alt

Al


                              The house in which I grew up.

2 comments:

Sharon & Mark Stime said...

Uffda!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Not again!!