Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Hearing Aids

     With significant hearing impairment hearing aids are very important to me. With the aids connected to the phone it makes phone conversations easy. Overnight my right aid failed. The phone connection is through that aid so now I use speaker with the phone near the left ear. It works, after a fashion, but is not suitable for longer conversations. Fortunately I have an audiology appointment scheduled for Friday. They timing is fortuitous as it has been booked for six months. A spare pair reside in the OFH so when I get there I'll try them.

    While the aid failure is frustrating it also serves as a reminder that I'm very fortunate to have good (usually) aids. The VA provides them to me and also services them. That's all because I spent a few years loafing in the USMC. 😊

Takk for alt,

Al



Four companies in formation with the four company commanders in front, and the battalion executive officer facing the battalion commander, at Camp Sukiran, Okinawa, 1961.

No comments: