Sunday, June 25, 2023

Penang Malaysia

      Once upon a time I travelled from Bangkok, Thailand to Singapore. The first part of this trip was via train which took me to the island of Penang, Malaysia. This stop provided me with a story I like to tell.  On prior trips to Southeast Asia I travelled without reservations for lodging. By the time I was planning the trip to Singapore it was possible to make reservations online. Searching online I found a hotel in Penang with a two tier price structure. The room was $10.00 per night unless you wanted it single occupancy then it was $20.00. Being a big spender I took the $20.00 option lest I have a roomate! 😁

    Sometime after that Joanne gave me a book, The Gift Of Rain, Tan Twan Eng, 2007, which was set on Penang during World War II. It is a very good book which I read twice. It was made more enjoyable referencing places I'd visited.

   So you may be wondering why this comes up now?  Storytellers don't need much of an excuse to tell, especially in something like a blog where the writer is not subject to hearers doeing eye rolls, non-verbally saying "there he goes again".

    All the foregoing is leading to telling that The Little House has had the gift of rain. "The gift of rain" is such a nice phrase it begged to be used. Blessed with about 4" of rain that came in several installments improving its effect. The House is now surrounded by happy cornfields. This rain is worth millions of $$$.

Takk for alt,

Al



















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And all creation got the benefits of Mother Nature’s drink! Happened in MN, too, but closer to 1 inch. 😊