Thursday, June 8, 2023

Old Folks Home

       The indisposition yesterday reached a point where, in a first time ever) I called the nurse line. The nurse was reassuring that my condition was almost certainly not likely to be terminal. She also gave other reassurances but did recommend that I soon see my primary care physician. With fourteen minutes to spare before the appointments office closed I nabbed an appointment for tomorrow morning, thus I am at the OFH.

     Apparently most patients who recover under the care of physician would have recovered even if they hadn't been treated. With that in mind I awakened feeling so perky that in such a state would never have called the nurse line. Now what? Cancel or keep the appointment?, Opting for the later finds me in the OFH within reach of my primary care physician.

    The OFH is a nice hangout, nothing was really pressing on the farm, and I'll likely learn something. Taking a page from my Mother. I've always been reluctant to schedule unnecessary, you like that word?, medical visits. 

     This whole experience is an opportunity for gratitude. Gratitude for; good health, good health care and good medical insurance. I am truly blessed...and the OFH isn't bad either!

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: