Tuesday, March 29, 2022

"...the living is easy!"

     " Summertime, and the livin' is easy

Fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high
Oh, your daddy's rich and your ma is good-lookin'
So hush little baby, don't you cry
One of these mornings, you're goin' to rise up singin'
And you'll spread your wings and you'll take the sky
But 'til that mornin', there's a-nothin' can harm you
With daddy and mommy standin' by
One of these mornings, you're goin' to rise up singin'
And you'll spread your wings and you'll take the sky
But 'til that mornin', there's a-nothin' can harm you
With daddy and mommy standin' by"

George Gershwin

    When I'm asked how it is to live in the Old Folk's Home, typically I reply "I've never had it so easy." A caller today remarked that she'd not like the lack of privacy. That's far from my experience, when I want privacy I stay in my apartment. If I want company, there are a myriad of opportunities in the building.  Yes, indeed "the livin' is easy."  It could be a lot worse.  If my memory fails I only need to move downstairs.

    The Little House has only rudimentary TV access. My little set only has rabbit ears antenna so the only stations available are the public ones. I've just not gotten in the habit of watching. Here, in the OFH, I've been enjoying the basketball games via cable on Joanne's large TV.   

Takk for alt,

Al

    
Today's random: Memorial to Nobel Prize winner, Jose` Saramago. Lisbon Portugal.

1 comment:

Michelene said...

A quick thought are you on commission with Presbyterian Homes aka OFH? For all the endorsements regarding life in their facility. 😀