Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Katrina

       Every Tuesday, after my therapy session, I meet with the doctor who is overseeing my treatment. Prior to the doctor's entrance a nurse interviews me. One of the nurses I've seen regularly is named Katrina. Her name caused me to engage her is some personal conversation to which she responded eagerly. Medical professionals are people, too. She said she's from Slovakia and that her family remains there but America has been good to her.

    Today, as she concluded her medical questions, I raised the situation in Ukraine. She sat back in her chair, let out a big sigh, and said her town in Slovakia is only an hour's drive from the Ukrainian border. Her family there are very concerned and are preparing themselves for nuclear fallout. She'd talked to her mother this morning and all her family are very worried. 

    Putin's attack on Ukraine is hard to fathom. On further reflection I wondered "How long has it been since the United Sates attacked Iraq?  Differences, of course, but??????????

Takk for alt,

Al

PS Good medical news; my PSA has fallen from 10.4 to 00.1.


              Today's random photo is from St. Petersburg, Russia.

No comments: