Tuesday, March 22, 2022

That was interesting!

        "That was interesting" was the euphemistic verbal cachet used to describe experiences that were not all positive.  By whom?  In my family of origin at least.  It's a good description of my first foray into farm work this spring. A real farmer once told me that each spring he needed to work himself back into shape. Residing in the OFH I've tried to stay active. Cutting cedar seedlings out of the grass quickly revealed that I've lost physical conditioning over the winter.  I, too, need to work myself back into shape. There will be plenty of opportunity for that.

     At 35 degrees with a 30 mph wind it was cold. That problem was solved by working on the leeward side of a grove of trees. A weed is a plant growing where it's not wanted. That makes these cedar seedlings weeds.

    The weekly dinner, what I'd call lunch at the bank, bankers and butchers, was moved from Wednesday to Tuesday this week to celebrate a birthday. That was a fun reunion after my three month's absence. It was a time to catch up on the news becasue we don't gossip,

Takk for alt,

Al

PS Kaia had a great run in the grass and trees.


             Today's random: Joanne in Budapest, 2008, no, that is not me on the railing.

No comments: