Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Coffee With Courtney.

      Every two weeks the administrator of the Old Folk's Home, Courtney, schedules an 8:30 a.m., "Coffee with Courtney" which is held in the dinning room. It's a chance for her to share updates about the community and answer questions from the inmates. As you might guess from her name, she's way younger than those of us who live here.

   She reported that there is a significant waiting list for independent living apartments. Last October when I committed to residence I got the last available place. Now I'm no longer the newest kid on the block because some have occupied vacated apartments. Memory Care is full in spite of three recent deaths. Courtney said many inmates want to be shielded from news of deaths. That strikes me as humorous, though I can find the humor is almost everything. There are a few vacancies in Assisted. Living, While there are some residents under the age of 70, average age is in the early 80s, which is young for an OFH. Very disappointing to me to learn that I'm average. 😉  Additional dining room staff are being hired which may allow it to be open more evenings and also to open the bistro. Perhaps a tavern is next.

   Yes, yes...life here could be a lot worse.

Takk for alt,

Al


Today's random:  Taken in 2018, I'm standing with me left foot in Norway and my right in Sweden.

    

No comments: