Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Surprised by delight!

      C. S. Lewis, in his book Surprised by Joy, says that a person doesn't find joy by pursuing it. Joy comes of it's own surprising accord. C. S. Lewis' book and insights came to mind in, a minor form, I'd call 'surprised by delight.'

     For two months I've lived resident in an independent living apartment in the old folk's home. When moving in, with the aid of family, smaller pictures were quickly hung. Heavier pictures, hangings, the clock and a mirror were leaned against the wall awaiting hanging.

   Living here for two months in that situation was fine. No surge of impatience to get things hung bothered me. As noted in yesterday's blog, the maintenance man came and did the hanging. It was clear that he knew what he was doing and I'm grateful that I left it for him.

  The accomplishment of that task has surprised me with delight. While not conscious of  discomfort at the lack of completion, now that it's accomplished I'm filled with delight. It really makes me happy! 😄 

Takk for alt,

Al


                         Art work in the bathroom of the OFH.

No comments: