Monday, March 7, 2022

OFH bennies!

       Living in the Old Folk's home has its benefits. My regular barber is on a visit back home to Mexico and, needing a good shaping up, I went to the salon in the OFH. No need to drive and the fee just appears on my monthly bill. Particularly nice because it was a good haircut and beard trim.

     Today there was a knock on my door and opening it I found a man with a ladder. He announced that he'd come to replace the batteries in my smoke detectors, an annual event. It had never occurred to me that someone else would assume that responsibility.

   Tomorrow I'll see podiatrist who comes to the OFH monthly. He/she will help me with a bothersome toe nail. How handy is that?  Also tomorrow the OFH maintenance man is coming to help me hang the heavy pictures. Then if anything goes wrong it will not be my fault. 😁

    As I've been known to say life here could be a lot worse!

Takk for alt,

Al


        This is an illustration of the unhelpful use of an euphemism. 

Pastor in a church announcement:  "John was called home last night."
Child after church: "Why would the pastor announce someone going home?"
Mother: "John died."
Child: "Why didn't the pastor say that?"

Today's random:

                                           Riga, Latvia 

No comments: