Friday, March 5, 2021

Another talent!

      In the eleven years that Trygve lived with me he probably barked a dozen times if we don't count barking while he was dreaming. He just wasn't a barker, which suited me fine. Yesterday a UPS delivery person opened my porch door and dropped a couple of packages inside. This brought out the watchdog in Kaia who barked a warning. It wasn't a spasm of barking, just a number of "woofs" alerting me to the entry of a person to the porch. She perks an ear occasionally to a vehicle that passes but doesn't bark. Watchdog was not a talent that I expected in Kaia.

      My friend, Nelson, gifted me with these exquisite salt and pepper grinders that he crafted (see picture below). They are from walnut that he harvested in 1985 and has been drying ever since. Unusual for walnut there is a bit of burl in the grain. He'd previously given me a coffee scoop, which like the grinders, came from me wood shop. My experience in woodshop in high school mostly revealed that wood working was not the path to success for me.  

Takk for alt,

Al


                                               Beauties.





No comments: