Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Birds and cedar berries!

      Cedar trees produce berries that are favored by birds. Fences are popular roosting spots for birds. Birds sitting on fence lines defecate cedar berry seeds. The consequence is cedars growing wild in fence lines. As the trees grow they complicated fence maintenance. This complication especially impacts electric fences. 

    One of my fence lines had a number of young cedars growing. They were still small enough to cut with had shearers. That was my task today but 20mph wind and 25 degree temperature made it unpleasant. The wind made eyes water, bending to cut off the cedar caused my watery eyes to smear my glasses. Give me 90 degrees any day. Though, either hot or cold, the wind is tiresome.

    Kaia thought it was great fun. She ran energetically until I stopped at tree. Then she'd come over to see what I was doing. When I moved she'd resume her running.  Her reliability at staying with me opens up many possibilities for our time together. 

   It's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Takk for alt,

Al



No comments: