Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Mare's Shank!

  Father was a great walker. Headed out to the fields to look at the crops, as a boy, I thought we should take a tractor, but not Dad, we walked. My brother walks almost every day, and so do I. This morning before breakfast Kaia and I went out on the pond across the street to play fetch. The grassland beyond the far side of the pond called to us so we went to explore. Kaia immediately went into her hunting mode  sweeping the grass in front of me like me like wipers on a windshield. This is not done at a trot, as she dashes back and forth at full throttle. Her efforts were rewarded by the flush of a sleepy pheasant.  Today's temperature is 54 degrees and with full sun there's a question of how much longer we can play on the pond. After breakfast we did our daily walk.

     She got her first introduction to the truck today. She was delighted, and there will be many more to come. One vehicle rests in the shop and the other is parked in front of The Little House. Now it's the truck parked there because it's the daily vehicle...though many days go by without its use.

Takk for alt,

Al