Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Daily Delight.

      Today it was talking to Frode on his 98th birthday. Frode's forgotten almost nothing, neither recent nor long ago. He was a bomber pilot in WW II, flying a Douglas A-20. Frode, Dick and I played golf weekly from 1990? until 2017. Dick and I witnessed one of Frode's hole in ones. It was at an elevated tee box so were able to see his ball role into the cup, at the Forks at North Fork. When I visited the Air Force Museum, Dayton, OH., a couple of years ago I got to see an A-20. After the war Frode worked many years for the FAA.  Talking to people is my daily delight and it being Frode's birthday I called him. 

      True to the weather forecast it's rained all day, a beautiful spring rain and suddenly green grass appears in the lawn. With windy rain I went back to the shop for the first activity since fall. It has warmed enough now to make activity there pleasant. Kaia thinks it's boring and she didn't get much of a run today. I'm keen for the activities in the shop and the field as spring progresses. 

     After finishing Becoming Wild, about which I posted yesterday, what did I find at the post office today? Yes, another book!  Lost Gutenberg: The Astounding Story of One Book's Five-hundred-Year Odyssey. Now I know what I'll read tonight.  Thanks MJV! 😀

Takk for alt,

Al

"A wise man once said nothing."

No comments: