Friday, March 12, 2021

Cemetery rambles!

          The cemetery is a good place to perambulate now that the snow has melted. Occasionally I'll see a gravestone bearing a name I don't recognize. Most of those buried there are either known to me or I know their family. Joanne's decision to be buried there has been a gift to me, allowing me to make frequent visits to her grave. Her presence near family and friends comforts me. The walk there and back is 1.6 miles so a good stretch of the legs. It is natural that such visits also awaken the presence of absence. 

       A one percenter...that's the way I frame my life with COVID. I'm in the one percent category of having suffered the least from the pandemic.  It's been a slight dislocation but compared to the real suffering of so many, it's nothing. Yes, I'm grateful!

Takk for alt,

Al



Pity me, living without adult supervision.  My niece, Angie, recently stayed in my condo and left the refrigerator the cleanest it's ever been. I asked her if she wanted to clean the refrigerator in The Little House. 


No comments: