Monday, August 23, 2021

Three inches!!

        Yes, I know, I'm obsessed about rain. But to find three inches of water in my field rain gauge today is the most in over a year! This would be the combined rainfall from Friday and last night. Lightening and thunder last night brought .6" at The Little House. Again my weather app had more, 1.2, which I think is measured at Volga ten miles NE.  Rainfall seems to drop dramatically going a few meals east to west. Perhaps if I lived on the NW coast of the U.S., I'd not focus so much on rain. 😀 "Oh, it's raining again."  Time to get started on another good book.

       4. Emily Dickinson, ‘Summer Shower‘.

A Drop fell on the Apple Tree –
Another – on the Roof –
A Half a Dozen kissed the Eaves –
And made the Gables laugh –

A few went out to help the Brook,
That went to help the Sea –
Myself Conjectured were they Pearls –
What Necklaces could be …

    Now if rain would fall on wildfires........

Takk for alt,

Al

1 comment:

Peter said...

Love that poem.