Friday, August 20, 2021

Minneapolis

        Kaia and I are in the condo. When I checked the weather app it reported heavy rain in Sinai. 😀 That is such good news. I've yet to hear the amount though the app said 1.2" which I think is measured in Volga, ten miles away. It's been months since we've had over an inch in one rainfall. It will be of great benefit but much of the corn and soybeans are beyond help. A number of corn fields have been cut for silage which is earlier than usual. Much sweet corn has been harvested but there are many left to do. Pastures will benefit from the rain.

   The new 37 story building a few blocks away is now topped with a flag and an evergreen tree. The top of the building is visible from the living room. Hennepin Ave. downtown is being resurfaced and now the 3rd street crossing is open. Coming here sporadically as I do provides evidence of progress on various projects/  

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: