Thursday, August 12, 2021

Found at The Lark

       It was described as a "toy museum and toy store".  That it was and much more with its indoor carousal, outdoor mini-golf and great bookstore. In Lark Toys, Kellogg, MN., I found and bought Parker Palmer's latest book ON the BRINK of EVERYTHING: Grace, Gravity & Getting Old.  The Forward: With Gratitude begins with this paragraph.

    "WE GROW OLD AND DIE IN THE SAME WAY WE'VE LIVED OUR LIVES. That's why this book is not about growing old gracefully. My life has been graced, but it certainly hasn't been graceful--I've done my share of falling down, getting up, and falling down again. The falling down is due to missteps and gravity. The getting up is due to grace mediated by people to whom I owe great debts of gratitude."   P. ix

      "The getting up is due to grace mediated by people to whom I owe great debts of gratitude." Certainly anyone who has lived as long as have I has much for which to be grateful and many for whom to be grateful.   For example being directed to The Lark, when there was a bit of time to fill in southern Minnesota, is something for which to be grateful. Have you ever noticed how refreshing it is to be in the presence of grateful people. That alone is reason enough to practice gratitude. 

      You are among those for whom I'm grateful.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: