Monday, May 3, 2021

White caps!

       Today's north wind is so strong that there are whitecaps on my little pond. Had the wind been this strong on the day of the grassfire who knows what might have happened. As it was, with the 14 mph wind, the fire reached within a few yards of the northmost house in town. 

      The soil (don't call it dirt) into which I was planting my corn was so dry I wondered if there would be enough moisture to germinate the seed. Last evening we got enough drizzly rain to register .2" on my weather app. Perhaps that will be enough to promote germination. All of North Dakota and much of South Dakota are in drought conditions. If you pray for rain remember to carry your umbrella.

      In answer to last night's moral dilemma about whether or not to replace that suspect tire on the planter: I did get a used tire mounted on a spare wheel today. That still doesn't put it on the planter but makes it a possibility. Replace? or, leave well enough alone?  Ah, the agony of decision.😜 


Takk for alt,

Al



No comments: