Thursday, May 13, 2021

The two longest years of my life!

      Nothing in Sinai High School had prepared me me for college chemistry class. Having a distinct liability with numbers, and a weak high school experience, when I entered a three hour chemistry lab in my freshman year of college, I though my life was over. That lab was one of the longest years of my life.

     Last night I arrived at the condo in the sky to discover both my computer and TV access were shut off by Comcast. A friend said "Talking to Comcast isn't that bad." Yes. it is! Ever since February I've been trying to cancel some additional TV services we'd contracted for, beyond the basic package included in our condominium fee. Arriving at the condo last night I discovered that my cable access, both computer and TV, were suspended until I paid $150. for the services I didn't want. 

    Therin ensued the 2nd longest year of my life. Now, in the condo, I had the correct telephone number for Comcast. After listening to an interminable recording of all possible Comcast issues and making a variety of selections I reached a person. After repeating all my identifying info. I was asked the problem. After a complete explanation of the problem the person referred to me another, which meant I had to repeat everything beginning with my identity. This re-prompted a third referral repeating all of the above to a very nice man in Mexico. Between his accent and my hearing impairment I understood about every 3rd or 4th word he said. 

    Eventually the problem was resolved, my service restored and I did not have to pay the $150. Thus ended the 2nd longest day of my life.  And, both of the followers of this blog now understand why there was no post yesterday.

    Today is the rehearsal for Amber's and Chad's wedding, which will be tomorrow. Therefore, this is likely the only blog post today.

Takk for alt,

Al

PS In a follow-up evaluation Comcast "How likely am I to recommend Comcast to a friend or relative?" 😂

No comments: