Tuesday, May 25, 2021

A date to remember!

        It was in a conversation with The Veterans Administration when a verification question came up, over which I did not hesitate. The question "What was the date of your discharge from active duty?"  The answer "******,*****" 

      It also explains how I missed my brother's wedding. David was stationed in Colorado with the National Guard who'd been activated. He took leave to go home and plant corn, and, by the way, get married.  So David and Jonetta were married on this day in 1962...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. I was aboard the USS Princeton making my way back to the U.S. from Asia as they wee married.

    My summer was spent holding down the farm until David got home in August. Then I was off to Augustana College to finish my degree. And, the rest is history, as they say.

Takk for alt

Al


No comments: