Monday, May 10, 2021

Birds

        A half a mile west of The Little House someone has put up a bluebird house. It's on a fencepost by some wildlife land. Driving by it yesterday I saw two bluebirds perched on the house. Today I saw one perched there. This is testimony to the value of providing houses for the birds. On water nearby were a pair of bufflehead ducks so, perhaps, they're staying for nesting.  The ruddy duck hasn't shown itself lately.

    A cormorant often swims with pelicans. It appears that they share a cooperative fishing arrangement. It would be interesting to know more about that. Pelicans continue to frequent my little pond. Now that pheasants are nesting I do not let Kaia run in the fields so that she doesn't disturb them. There are noticeably more pheasants around this spring than last. An egret made an appearance on my pond but hasn't come back. Grackles and robins search my yard.

Takk for alt,

Al



                                       Cedars in the grass.


                      Does this mean that I'm not a cook?  😕

1 comment:

Michelene said...

Regarding cooking Microwaves can be a tricky appliance for some people to use. 😀.