Saturday, May 8, 2021

Pelicans on patrol.

      All day there has been a pad of pelicans swimming back and forth on the near side of my little pond. They were joined briefly by a cormorant. This is evidence that there are fish in the pond. It could be bullheads but more likely minnows. The pelicans frequently dip their heads under the water but I'm not able to see if they immerge with a fish. This would have tickled my mother whose house across the street backs up to the pond. Dad built a screen porch behind the house and mother spent hours there enjoying the wildlife. But there weren't any pelicans during her time.

      There was a meager attempt at rain today but it didn't amount to much. Moisture would certainly be welcome. The meteorologist who writes in the Minneapolis paper says that it's been too cold for thunderstorms. In that case, bring on the hot weather!

      I've been reading David McCullough's biography of Harry Truman. It's very interesting but at approx. 1600 pages it is taking me awhile. I've renewed the library loan once and may need to do that again.  

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: