Wednesday, May 26, 2021

At The Little House!

         The news had reached me yesterday, so it was not a surprise. Still it was good to see the evidence in person. When I was here last week I turned the rain gauge in the field over to measure precipitation, now that frost danger is likely passed. What did I find? A half inch of water, which is the most we have received at one time in several weeks. All of both Dakotas are officially considered in drought conditions. One forecast is for 80% chance of rain tomorrow. Without a predicted amount that doesn't tell much. It might rain a tenth of an inch and then it would fall in that 80% range. Well, here's hoping. There were a few corn plants peeking through in my field. That half inch should be enough to facilitate germination.

     The spirea  bushes in town are in full bloom.  See below.

Takk for alt

Al

World turtle day is past but I moved a turtle sunning on a busy road to the water that was adjoining the road.😁



No comments: