Saturday, January 18, 2020

Reporting In from BKK

    There were three legs to my flight to Bangkok. Leaving Mpls at 8:15, ahead of the projected snow, (did it snow?) I flew to Detroit, a short hop, 1:45. Flying from Detroit to Seoul took 13.5 hours and that was longish, but I watched three Japanese movies, one of which was quite good. Flying from Seoul to BKK I won the seat lottery...an empty seat next to me 😃. With that gift, and no one to bump me, I slept 5 of the 5.5 hour flight.
     It was 80 degrees when we landed and now at 9am it is still 80, and no snow.  The Bangkok Christian Guesthouse is again my abode. All I've done so far is eat the breakfast which is included in the room fee, which is about $39. per night. There will be a few days of R&R here while I adjust to the new  time...13 hours ahead of MN...and tropical temperatures...though I'm almost adjusted to 80 degrees.
   All's well!

Takk for alt.

Al

No comments: