Saturday, May 18, 2019

5/18/2019 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — a minute ago
Let it be known that on this day Alyssa Nelson and Kevin Lillie were married.  The preacher, Alyssa's grand-uncle, welcomed Kevin to the family with these words.  "Kevin, welcome to the family.  We may be a little odd but we mean well."  He went on to say "There are three stages in life, youth, middle age and, 'my you are looking good.' You are young, your parents middle aged and I am a member of the 'my you are looking good' age.  Sometimes members of my generation disparage the young but I have to say that I have nothing but admiration for you two."  He then went on to speak of the maturity demonstrated by the bride and groom.
     In his homily he also pointed out the mutual exclusivity of affection and resentment; how these feelings are incompatible.  The maturity of the bridal couple was shown by the wedding vows they wrote in which they promised to forgive each other, to quote "...I will...forgive you as we have been forgiven."   The preacher said that forgiveness is the key a healthy relationship and, as indicated in the vows, the power to forgive comes from the Divine.
    Yes, they are a fine young couple.  You may know the preacher who shall remains nameless.  Welcome to the family, Kevin.  😊

Takk for alt,

Al

Pictures:  With Kevin and Aylssa and with my grand-nephew, Jared, brother of the bride.

No comments: