Tuesday, May 14, 2019

5/14/2019 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — a minute ago
Thirteen months after her death Joanne is still influencing me.  It is mostly amusing.  Last year I attended the LSS Homeless Youth Luncheon because that cause was Joanne's passion.  As I left the luncheon last year I distinctly remember thinking, "Well, I won't have to do this again."   Today, as I sat at the Homeless Youth Luncheon I smiled as I thought "She did it again."  
     Barb asked if I would take responsibility for recruiting a table of persons for the lunch.  While I quickly declined, I also said I'd attend, when she said she wanted to get two tables in honor of Joanne.  Yes, she did fill two tables.
     Joanne and I had this understanding that we would gladly make charitable contributions with the understanding that she would attend the event and excuse me.  Well, obviously she's no longer able to attend which leaves me the designated attendee.  It's not a stretch to imagine her giggles as I now sit in for her.
    The LSS Homeless Youth program is a superb and I support it wholeheartedly. 

Takk for alt,

Al

Joanne. pictured with her wedding dress at our 50th Anniversary event.

No comments: