Friday, May 17, 2019

5/17/2019 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — 26 minutes ago
    It seems that fitted sheets and Pickles both struck a chord with readers of this blog.  Thanks for filling in the "atta boy"s for my early laundry jinks.  😀 Joanne could actually fold fitted sheets very well.  She also admired Pickles with me.
   Yesterday was one of those days where the presence of absence loomed large.  First up in the evening, was a wedding rehearsal for a family member.  Joanne enjoyed good conversations with family, and also with friends of the bridal couple who were new to her, at those events.  She just liked to be with people. But, she was nowhere to be found, and that made me sad, in the midst of a joyous event.  
    From the rehearsal I went to dinner with friends from seminary days.  Let's not call them old friends, rather 'long time' friends seems a better designation.  Over a scrumptious meal we caught up on each other's lives and reminisced about memories stretching back for over 50 years. There were two couples and one widower in attendance.  The presence of absence was felt by us all because they were Joanne's friends, too.

Takk for alt,

Al

Pictures:  I couldn't find a picture of Joanne's Norwegian bunad.  Pictured are my classmates, their spouses and me.
     
    

No comments: