Thursday, May 16, 2019

5/16/2019 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — 1 minute ago
Reading came early for me.  My parents subscribed to the Argus Leader, the newspaper from Sioux Falls, which came to our Brookings County farm by mail.  The Sunday paper was delivered on Saturday because there was no mail delivery on Sunday.  I have clear memories of lying on the living room carpet with the funny paper spread out before me.  Receiving an actual paper newspaper is still important to me, so I subscribe to the Minneapolis StarTribune,  even though I get the Washington Post and Huffington Postonline.  Yes, I still read the comics and my favorite strip is Pickles.
   
Today's Pickles, went like this.
   1st Panel:  Opal says to Earl "Do you want to talk about the way you folded the laundry, Earl?"
   2nd Panel: Earl says "Not really.
   3rd Panel: Opal says "Well, there are a couple of techniques you could use to improve the way you fold a fitted sheet."
   4th Panel:  Earl says "Unless one of them includes the use of scissors, no thanks."

   Earl's a man after my own heart.  Today I did three loads of laundry...no sheets...washed, dried and folded by 7:30 a.m.  When I looked at the clock I thought "SO WHAT?"   There was no affirmation from Joanne, nor anyone else.  That's just one of the small realities of life in the land of grief and one of a myriad ways I miss her.  And, yes, I'm quite a good folder, USMC and all...but we never had fitted sheets in the Marines!  😉

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: