Wednesday, February 6, 2019

2/7/2019 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — 19 minutes ago
Where's Al?   Can you guess where he is now?   Well, if you guessed Bangkok Christian Guesthouse, I owe you a cup of coffee.  The trip back was successful in spite of Thai Airways trying to make me divine.  It was a 'mini-another one of those moments' at the check-in desk.  "Did they re-book you in Bangkok."  "Yes" I replied without revealing the reason for the re-booking.  "When they re-booked you they misspelled your name 'Alla', instead of 'Allan.'"  Knowing how persnickety airlines are about exact spellings, and not wanting to claim to be god, I thought "here we go."  Showing my original printout made it clear it was the airlines mistake for which the airline rep. was very apologetic.  It required me standing aside as the bureaucracy did its thing and before long I had my boarding pass with my un-divine status confirmed.   One advantage of frequent trips from Mpls-Bkk, it makes nine hour flights...Melbourne-Bkk...seem short.
    The plan is to chill...interesting turn of phrase for the tropics...here a few days and begin teaching again on Monday.  More soon.

Blessings,

Al

Picture is the view from Amy's balcony, 7th floor.

No comments: