Saturday, February 16, 2019

2/15/2019 Caring Bridge


Journal entry by Al Negstad — a minute ago

Living with five of us in that small house gets a bit intense.  Alsothe location of the house is not conducive for walking.  So weekends are a mini-retreat when I go to Bangkok where I'm once again ensconced in the Christian Guesthouse.  Some small things are a challenge in the house; examples are washing my face and hands and cleaning my glasses.  Sleeping with out air conditioning is not too difficult but I do enjoy the a/c at the guesthouse.  The air conditioner in the main downstairs area of the house cools but there is no temperature control so if it's started it runs constantly until the room is unbearably cold. Here at BCGH I use the stairs and walk the streets to get some exercise.
    There are four teaching days left for me.  Tuesday is Buddha's birthday which is a national holiday so there is no school.  Thai people tend to be very practical so they happily regularly use casuistry on unpopular laws.  An example of this practice is how they handle the restriction against alcohol sales on Buddha's birthday.  Bars are closed but if you order  alcohol at a restaurant they pour it in a paper cup and then bring it to the table.  A small discursis here:  If a restaurant doesn't have a bar they will sell a bottle of whiskey which they serve at the table.
    All's well with me and I hope all's well with you.

Blessings,

Al

Pictures shot through the car window on the way to school.







No comments: