Tuesday, January 3, 2012

School at last.

School reopened today (Wednesday) after the new year's holiday. Were the students hyper? Well...yes! The school withstood the flood very well....the ground level was flooded but is such that there wasn't much damage. All the classrooms are on the 2nd level and were not affected. School didn't open until November 29, and I can tell the students are behind compared to other years.
Classes are smaller now as some students have not returned. My 4th grade class has only 9 students and 3rd has 18. Each year gets easier as I learn from past experience.
The teachers gave me a rousing welcome back and clapped when I told them I could stay through January. They all spent the flood hanging out in the upper floor of their houses. School will now be six days a week until summer to compensate for the three months they missed.
Something irregular is happening in school this Friday and Saturday the precludes my teaching. I'm going to go to BKK for a bed and a hot shower. I'll return Sunday.

No comments: