Saturday, January 28, 2012

Last call in Bangkok!

"What is the appeal of SE Asia?" I'm often asked. The answer to me is unclear. Of course during Minnesota winter I'm happy to be in the tropics. But, more than that, I continue to find Asia endlessly fascinating. That fascination does not dim with time and exposure. On the contrary, it actually grows as I am able to become more deeply immersed in life here. My work at the school, Wat Klang, and living with a family gives me, at least, some glimpse into Thai life.
Soon after I arrive at home I'll post pictures from this trip on this blog. For the next day and a half I'll be in some stage of transit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember asking you the same question....some years ago.........and getting approx. the same answer. Enjoyed my "armchair/computer" travels with you again this year. Bless you for wanting to help the children!