Sunday, January 1, 2012

Reality strikes.

Poo, the twenty something daughter, returned this morning from several days at the temple. Cheered by the good news that she can resume her old job in I.T. tomorrow I thought that now the family will take a huge step toward financial recovery. Silly me!
Reality struck when I learned that her salary is 6000B ($200) per month. Certainly that will be helpful but seems rather little in overcoming the effects of the flood. Oh, yes, there's also the fact that bus fare to and from work, and hour each way, is 100B...each way. So that's at least a third of her salary.

2 comments:

liz keating said...

am loving reading your blog - you write so well makes me feel like i'm back there again, especially loved your description of Gai - glad she's OK - say hi to her from me. Looking forward to hearing about your teaching, great idea to take letters from the Noble academy.
We're on summer hols here so no more teaching/school until Feb!!
Liz

Traveling Curmudgeon said...

Liz,

Wish you were here. I still use some of the teaching tips you gave me. I'll greet Gai from you.

al