Sunday, February 10, 2008

Travel Options

Paul has suggested that I should consider a Grayline Tour to Branson, Mo. Perhaps he's thinking of my crash in Laos. A couple of years ago my friend, Dick, signed up for a bus trip to Branson. I teased him that I'd rather go bowling in Minot, ND, than go to Branson. Well wouldn't you know...while I was falling on the rocks in Laos, Dick was on a leisurely cruise from LA down the Baha California coast. Yes, Dick, you get the last laugh.
Betty (Dahl) Holden and her husband, Graeme, who live in Australia are in Thailand on a tour. Betty is the daughter of my cousin Marjorie (Negstad) Dahl. Their Bkk hotel was just a few blocks from my guesthouse so I wandered down for a good visit. Graeme is a native of Australia and speaks a language that often had me asking, "What was that?" It was fun to have some in depth conversation.
Health report: All of my stitches were removed today. My knee, arm and finger are closed up and just need a little protection. My shin's still is not closed up. That was more of a tear than a cut and I need to regrow skin on a section about the size of a quarter. I'm being very careful that I don't get re-infected. This means no teaching this week. Teaching next week depends on the progress in healing my shin. My ticket to return to the US is for Feb. 24, and that's what I plan.

No comments: