Thursday, February 7, 2008

Bkk Misc.

When I was checking into the hospital they weighed me and measured my height. During that process an orderly stepped on the scale to compare his weight to mine....his was about two thirds. On the front lawn of the BNH Christian Hospital is a Bhudhist(?) shrine.
I'm in the neighborhood where I often stay, when I'm not needing medical care. So, I'm back in my favorite family internet place. Grandpa lit three joss sticks, did his moring devotions in front of the family altar and then turned the TV on for the day.
Wish I had my camera department: Last night a I saw a motorcyle towing an occupied wheelchair down a busy street. The motorcycle had a bar attached to the back to which the woman in the wheelchair held. That kept the wheelchair on the same path as the motorcycle.
Thai and SE Asians in general love uniforms and whistles. Every driveway/car ramp, etc. is attended by uniformed guards who do much blowing of whistles and waving of arms. I can't tell that anyone pays any attention.
They also love shirts with English slogans some of which are rather funny. I saw a young woman this morning sporting a shirt that said; "Juicy Girl Next Door". In Phnom Penh, Cambodia a few years ago I saw a Cambodian man wearing a t-shirt that said, "Death to Yuppie Scum". Another man here was wearing a letter jacket from some high school in America which fit him very nicely. On the front was embroidered, "Julie".

No comments: