Saturday, February 16, 2008

I didn't know I was lost until...

Sometimes words fail and just heaping up adjectives doesn't help. If you've ever been to an Asian market I could simply say this is the mother of all markets. If you haven't been to an Asian market but you've been to Minneapolis' Farmers Market it would give you a small glimpse. Chatuchek is Bkk's weekend market...though it is pretty lively all week. Size? Think a little smaller than the Minnesota State Fair. I liked the Thai guy playing country western on a banjo, the elementary students playing their instruments with a note inviting contributions to their tuition, and the chaos. Everywhere there are physically hadicapped persons selling lottery tickets....maybe a self help program. I marked my entrance to the market carefully so I could find my way back to the Skytrain and I still got lost...didn't even know it until I tried to leave.

CR SEN TH MUM said the sign. What is it? A flower. Roasted banana on a stick...perhaps an aquired taste. T-shirt on a mannequin; NORTH LUTHERAN HIGH

No comments: