Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Man of Leisure

Just 'hanging out' is a new experience for me. Shouldn't I be doing something? Producing something? Is OK just to be? Of course my head tells me that life is about being but there are others parts of me that suggest value comes from doing. As I wrestle with these issues I will admit that if I have to hang out the tropics have advantages, e.g., no snow! Weather here is pretty consistant; mid 90s daytime and mid 80s at night. That's well within my comfort range.

On letter drop boxes there are two mail slots labeled; "Bnagkok" and "Other Places". I wonder if there has been some Danish influence on Thai food. Street venders do a version of the Danish round pancake, Abel Skiiver. They use laarge cast iron skillets with round indentations into which they pour batter and rotate so the outside is done and the center gooey. Mighty fine!

No comments: