Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Sweet!

        The Wednesday noon meals, to which I'm invited with the bankers and butchers, is usually done on a grill in front of the firehall. Arriving in Sinai at noon yesterday, Tuesday, the grill was out in front of the firehall, a huge hint that bankers lunch was happening. Ambling up to the bank it was quickly apparent that the bank board was meeting.  The banker told me to come back tomorrow at noon because there will be leftovers.

     There were leftovers! Steak, baked potatoes, salad and rhubarb pie with real whipped cream. There were only four of us, three bankers and I. One banker is on vacation back to her native The Philippines. During my stint in the Marines I spent some time in The Philippines so we enjoy comparing notes. It was special that they invited me in for leftovers!

Takk for alt,

Al


              Sibelius memorial, Helsinki, Finland.

No comments: