Monday, June 20, 2022

Half Closed!

     Half closed doors, gates, drawers, windows...may not be much better than not closed at all. Closing on the sale of real property changed radically during COVID. Now sellers and buyers don't even meet at closing. Sellers and buyers go so separate locations and even at different times.

   Today I went to a real estate closer's office and signed the closing papers as the seller of the downtown Minneapolis condo. So, the sale is half closed. The buyer is scheduled to go to a different closer next Monday to sign the sale documents. Never the twain shall meet. Naturally I won't get my $1.57, or whatever the amount, payout until after the buyer signs. My realtor assures me that this final closing will happen. 

   The final closing will be a big relief and the final step in my move to The Old Folk's Home. The condo was a great place for Joanne and me. From October 2010, until she entered hospice care in 2018 we thoroughly enjoyed life downtown. In her last years Joanne would take her walker and go to the Target store in the skyway. This was a walk of over a mile each way. We had many favorite happy hour places serving the right amount of food for geezers. Joanne even kept a chart of those places. With her death and the emptying of downtown with COVID, downtown living lost its luster. The OFH is good for me.

Takk for alt,

Al


                                               Sunset from the condo.

No comments: