Sunday, June 19, 2022

Passing notes in church!

    Passing notes in school is usually a no no. What about passing notes in church? On my way into church I asked a woman, whom I didn't recognize, her name. "Donna" was the answer. Later she sat down beside me and during the service passed a note. I asked to keep it because I wanted to write about it in my blog and told her that my wife had died 4 years ago. I passed my blog address to her and she said "Phil used to read your blog." 😔😔😔 Only then I realized I was sitting by my friend, Donna, whom I didn't recognize with her mask and new hairstyle. She forgave me. 😊 Her husband, Phil, died a year ago. They were active members in our history book club.

     The note she passed is from her grief group. 

          GRIEF

"Grief never ends

But it changes

It is a passage

Not a place to stay.

Grief is not a sign 

of weakness, nor

a lack of Faith,

It is the price of love."    

So much truth in this brief passage. I'm slightly ahead of Donna in our life in the land of grief. She knew Joanne and I knew her Phil, evoking the presence of absence, as being in church always does.

Takk for alt

Al



I'd call it efficient communication.



                      Yes, and her name is Kaia.😁

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes to Kaia!