Thursday, June 23, 2022

Gone but not forgotten.

       Many machines have passed through my ownership. Coming across this picture of my truck and bulldozer brought back memories. The bulldozer was a '40s Alice Chalmers HD-10. It was used to bury rock piles, build dams and other projects. When it threw a track I learned how hard it was to get the track back on. It ran very well but the tracks were near the end of their life. With the projects complete it was put up for sale. It sold to a buyer  in McAllen, TX. He was pleased to get it. His father had farmed with one when he was a boy and it had been sold on auction.  To retrieve it he sent a semi-truck to haul it to Texas.
      The picture shows the dozer loading/unloading from my 1970 Diamond Reo. It was a lovely truck but with the dozer sold it wasn't needed. It also took up much space in my shop. It sold locally.



Takk for alt,

Al

 

No comments: