Sunday, June 26, 2022

"Summertime and the living is easy..."

Summertime

And the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin'
And the cotton is high
Oh, your daddy's rich
And your ma is good-lookin'
So hush, little baby
Don't you cry"     George Gershwin from Porgy and Bess

   Music like this makes me wish I could sing. Retirement means I no longer need to try to sing. The miracle of modern technology brings this song from my phone to my hearing aids. Perhaps I get all the sounds. When  I first got hearing aids and listened to CDs with which I was familiar I was struck by all the sounds I'd been missing before aids.
   This is another rare day in June with sunshine, temperature in the lower 70s and a breeze. Joanne would find this a perfect day. Her comfort zone was below 75. She was famous for going out on subzero days wearing just a windbreaker. She never did take to the beautiful, knitted, Norwegian cap she was given.
    Yes, "the livin is easy" for me. I am blessed and grateful!

Takk for alt,

Al

The temperature was in the 70's in Ayutthaya so Met dressed in coat and hat to do the ironing, thinking it was cold.  😃

1 comment:

Peter and Sandy said...

We always sing it as: Your Mama's rich and your Daddy's good looking. Maybe a Garrison Keillor interposition. ;->

Peter and Sandy