Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Special Delivery!

     Mail come to Sinai by truck from Sioux Falls. The driver picks up mail in Sioux Falls about 5:30 a.m., and Sinai is his final stop at 8:00. At 4:00 he reverses the route carrying mail from Sinai and other stops to Sioux Falls. The post office service window is open from 10:00 until 12:00. When the post-mistress arrives at 10:00 she distributes the mail to the individual boxes. Today I timed my departure from Sinai to Mpls for 10:30 so I could check my mail.

    At 10:30 I emptied my box, returned to my car and stopped a half a block from the post office to talk to a banker headed to get the mail. While I was visiting with the banker the post-mistress hustled out of the post office to deliver a package to me she found after I'd emptied my box. In all my years in the twin cities that has never happened to me.  😄

   Kaia and I are in the condo for a few days before returning "home" to The Little House.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: