Thursday, October 7, 2021

Descending into the pit.......

     The Little House on the Prairie has a TV replete with rabbit ears antenna. With such weak receptors only the public stations are receivable. That's OK, because I've never really learned to watch TV. When I make my brief forays to Minneapolis and the condo I do watch a bit of TV. Basic cable service is included in our condo fee. Last night I enjoyed watching two WNBA playoff games on Joanne's large screen TV. Today there's no picture.

     In the past  a call to Comcast, our cable provider has solved any issues. Not today!  Four calls to Comcast and I could not get past a sales tirade determined to sell me a service contract. Calling Xfinity  put me unto a tech support person via text chat. Two hours of chat later and a technical support person is scheduled to visit the condo tomorrow. 

    Were Dante writing today (The Divine Comedy) likely one of the torments in the inferno would be hours on the phone with an entity such as Comcast. 

   "The Inferno describes Dante's journey through Hell, guided by the ancient Roman poet Virgil. In the poem, Hell is depicted as nine concentric circles of torment located within the Earth; it is the "realm ... of those who have rejected spiritual values by yielding to bestial appetites or violence, or by perverting their human intellect to fraud or malice against their fellowmen".[1]   Wikipedia 

   Perhaps I should have not attempted to watch TV.


Takk for alt,..

As

The mistake in the cartoon posted in yesterday's blog was in the sign.  The sign said "Wet Cement" but should have read "Wet Concrete".  Cement is the powdered clay that hardens into concrete when mixed with water and gravel.  Now you know. 😂

No comments: