Monday, June 7, 2021

Wind Without Rain.

       Herbert Krause was the 'writer in residence' at Augustana College when I was there in the early 60s. His books were about pioneer days in Dakota. A three volume boxed set of his books rests on a shelf in the condo. The three are Oxcart Trail, The Thresher, and Wind Without Rain. The only one of the three that I've read is The Thresher, and that was so gloomy that I never read the others. Maybe, someday???

    Wind Without Rain, came to mind as we experience drought and yesterday it featured a 30 mph wind. This kind of a hot spell, so early in the growing season that suffers from lack of moisture, is outside of my personal experience.  What will this early heat do to corn and soybeans? Likely it isn't good for them. My spraying was effective so my corn isn't competing with weeds for the little moisture available. The weather app on my phone indicates a 40% chance of rain Friday and that's all for ten days. It's raining in Bangkok but that's a bit far away.  😒

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: