Saturday, June 5, 2021

What is so hot as a day in June?

          The thermometer in the car registered 100 degrees for part of the trip to The Little House. When we arrived the temperature dropped to a balmy 93, well within my comfort zone. The house, sitting closed up, was 80, and I wondered "So why didn't I test it's a/c before now? The a/c is needed for Kaia. 😉 However, it's started immediately much to Kaia's satisfaction.

          Joanne exuded graciousness throughout our marriage. Still, there were a couple of my faux pas that she never quite got over. In the summer of 1976 I went to Union Seminary, Richmond, VA., for summer school, with the family in tow. Filling out the application form for family housing I missed the box for air conditioning.😝  We were housed at the end of a hall with a four foot box fan that was so powerful that we had to hang unto the children when we turned it on. Of course we had to have the windows open and he were next to the hospital emergency entrance so sirens were a constant. Joanne couldn't even take the children swimming, while I studied in the air conditioned library, because all the pools were private to keep out African Americans.  We survived and she never finished recounting the experience. 

Takk for alt,

Al



                      Enjoying the condo's pool.

No comments: