Saturday, June 26, 2021

Cleveland, Ohio.

          Lisa safely piloted us around Chicago through blinding rainstorms, endless construction and bumper to bumper traffic. "Are we having fun yet?" echoed in the car. No, it wasn't much fun, but necessary to bring us to Cleveland. Lisa is staying with Bonnie at her house at John Carroll University and I'm in an Air B&B, in east Cleveland. The Air B&B, is the back unit of a duplex and I have the run of three floors.

       The irony of driving through cloudbursts of rain struck me as the parched west waits desperately for some. Josh, neighbor to The Little House, texted me that Sinai got .25" which is better than nothing but not nearly enough.  We're 700+ miles now from Sinai. 

       The cartoon below struck me becasue one of my corn fields has a very poor stand. It was too dry at planting time for some of the corn to germinate.  But, unlike the cartoon, there was seed in the planter.



 Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: