Monday, June 21, 2021

Memory lane.

        After returning from Thailand earlier than planned in 2020, as COVID was advancing, I moved to Lisa's house for six weeks. Leaving the condo I thought might be a brief exit of a few weeks. After six weeks it became clear that isolation was going to be much longer term. On May 1, 2020, I relocated to The Little House and have lived mostly there ever since.

      Today I took my first extended walk in the Skyway since early March 2020. For any who may not know, the Minneapolis Skyway system is a second story 'sidewalk' running approximately 10 miles connecting downtown buildings. Walking the Skyway today was a bit of a ghost town experience. Most of the businesses that lined the walk are shuttered. There were a few other walkers, but not many. Prior to the pandemic every retail place was occupied and at 3:00 p.m., my walk time, the walkway would have been busy with people. My guess is that there's a bit more life now than there was a few months ago.  

    One of Joanne's favorite activities with he granddaughters was to walk the Skyway from home to Target Store. This would be about a mile in each direction. Evy was old enough so she knew the way. Recently I asked Evy for a memory of her grandma.  She remembered coming back from Target to find her mother waiting to bring her home. Joanne said, "But we haven't baked chocolate chip cookies yet." Yesterday Evy invited me over to her house for a chocolate chip cookie she baked. Joanne would have loved that, as did I.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: